Polar Cooperation Research Centre (PCRC) 3rd International Symposium “The Role of Non-Arctic States/ Actors in the Arctic Legal Order-Making”
- December 7, 2017
- Keywords: Event, Research, Law
The Polar Cooperation Research Centre (PCRC) is proud to announce its 3rd international Symposium “The Role of Non-Arctic States/ Actors in the Arctic Legal Order-Making” to be held in Kobe University on 7-9 December 2017. This 3 days symposium will critically examine the positive contribution that the non-Arctic States/actors can bring to such Arctic legal order-making, as well as challenges faced by them.
If you wish to attend the symposium, please make a registration as soon as possible at the symposium website.
- Date and Time
- December 7, 2017 (Thursday) 9:30 - 18:00
- December 8, 2017 (Friday) 9:30 - 17:00
- December 9, 2017 (Saturday) 9:00 - 17:00
Rokkodai 1st Campus, Kobe University
(We will send detailed venue information to registered participants by email)
- For the latest symposium program, please see the symposium website.
- The speakers of this symposium include Professor Dalee Sambo Drough, Former Chairperson of the UN Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues, Mr. Keiji Ide, Ambassador of Japan for Arctic Affairs, Professor Timo Koivurova, Director of the Arctic Centre, University of Lapland, Professor Erik Molenaar, Deputy Director of the Netherlands Institute for the Law of the Sea (NILOS) at Utrecht University and Mr. Koji Sekimizu, Secretary-General Emeritus of the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
- Polar Cooperation Research Centre (PCRC), GSICS
If you wish to attend the symposium, please make a registration as soon as possible at
the symposium website.
The registration ends on November 20, 2017.
Email: kobe_sympo_2017 [at] diamond.kobe-u.ac.jp
(Graduate School of International Cooperation Studies)