Charter on Research
- Updated on March 1, 2016
Adopted on 25 Nov. 2008
KobeUniversity, in recognition of its particular mission and responsibility to the people of the world as a national university, as well as its social, historicaland regional roles as a base of academic research that pursues deeper truthsfor the creation of new knowledge, hereby adopts this Kobe University Charteron Research.
As our fundamental research philosophy, Kobe University pledges to contribute tothe happiness of humankind, preservation of the global environment and to worldpeace through the advancement of academic research.
Kobe University establishes the following goals based on its Research Philosophy.
- To further develop human knowledge, and disseminate outstanding research results to the world with special emphasis on originality that clears a new path to knowledge.
- To utilize this cosmopolitan city’s open atmosphere to become a key institute which attracts international academic research exchanges and collaborations.
- To develop a wide variety of specialized research and create new research fields through alliances and integrated work amongst the comprehensive university’s diverse research disciplines.
Kobe University establishes the following research framework to fulfill its Philosophy and Goals.
- Advocate for the freedom and independence of all academicresearch.
- Respect researchers’ autonomy and spontaneity while strategically developing collaborative research.
- Inspect research activities thoroughly for the betterment of theresearch framework.
- Contribute to the development of the society by fostering outstanding future researchers and by returning the fruit of research results to society.
Abiding by the code of conduct for scientists, KobeUniversity pledges to carry out research that is trusted and relied upon by society.