Degree Awarding Policy of the Faculty of Health Sciences, School of Medicine
- Updated on March 1, 2016
Working in a spirit of integrity, freedom, and cooperation, the Faculty of Health Sciences, School of Medicine, Kobe University defines its basic philosophy as follows: To provide excellent education in the area of healthcare and health sciences, thereby nurturing health professionals who have highly specialized knowledge and skills, as well as high ethical standards and a well-grounded scientific perspective. The Faculty also aims to inspire a great sense of inquiry and creativity in its students, so that they will be able to play an active role in the international arena in the future, as leaders in their respective fields.
Toward this objective, the Faculty of Health Sciences will provide education meeting the highest international standards through well-developed curricula. Degrees are awarded to students in line with the two policies described below.
- Students shall study at the Faculty of Health Sciences for the specified period of time and earn the credits required for graduation prescribed by each department.
- Students at the Faculty of Health Sciences are encouraged to achieve the following learning goals through their respective curricula by graduation.
- [Enriched Humanity and Sense of Ethics]
- To develop an excellent sense of humanity and high ethical standards in the field of healthcare.
- To possess the ability to set and achieve their own targets, in addition to a great sense of inquiry and creativity.
- [Local and International Awareness]
- To possess the basic ability to contribute to their own local communities while serving the international community, with a respect for diverse values.
- [Expertise and Collaboration]
- To acquire the ability to collaboratively work as a member of a healthcare/welfare team and as a specialist with the basic academic skills and highly specialized knowledge needed in the field of health.