Degree Awarding Policy of the Faculty of Engineering
- Updated on March 1, 2016
The objective of the Faculty of Engineering, Kobe University is to cultivate individuals with a wide range of knowledge in their specialized field and an interdisciplinary perspective in particular, individuals who are rich in creativity and possess a multifaceted perspective. To achieve this objective, the Faculty of Engineering provides education meeting the highest international standards. The Faculty awards degrees in line with the following policies.
- Students shall earn the required credits for graduation stipulated under the rules of the Faculty of Engineering.
- Students at the Faculty of Engineering are encouraged to achieve the following learning goals through their respective curricula by graduation.
- [Enriched Humanity]
- To possess high ethical standards and acquire the ability to take appropriate action based on a solid understanding of the impact of science and technology on society.
- To acquire the ability to resolve problems in a creative manner, while maintaining the liberal and open-minded culture that has been handed down since the founding of Kobe University.
- [International awareness]
- To conduct exchanges with a broad range of overseas partners, and deepen their understanding of different cultures; and acquire the ability to exhibit individuality in terms of diverse cultures and values.
- To acquire basic academic abilities, practical skills and creativity in order to resolve various issues as research and development managers from a broad perspective, based on highly specialized knowledge and wide-ranging insights.