Degree Awarding Policy of the Graduate School of Engineering
- Updated on March 1, 2016
The objective of the Graduate School of Engineering, Kobe University is to cultivate individuals with a wide range of knowledge in their respective specialized fields and an interdisciplinary perspective in particular, highly specialized professionals who are rich in creativity and possess a multifaceted perspective, as well as researchers and teaching staff of higher education and research institutions who are highly creative and internationally-minded. To achieve this objective, the Graduate School of Engineering provides education meeting the highest international standards. The Graduate School awards degrees in line with the following policies.
- Students shall earn the required credits for completion stipulated under the rules of the Graduate School of Engineering. Also, they must pass examinations and reviews related to the master's thesis (for those in the Period of Master's Program) or the doctoral thesis (for those in the Period of the Doctoral Program).
However, as for the Department of Architecture, Graduate School of Engineering, students in the Period of the Master's Program shall pass either a review of the master's thesis or a review of research results regarding specific themes, and pass the final examination.
- Students at the Graduate School of Engineering are encouraged to achieve the following learning goals through their respective curricula by the completion of the program.
- [Enriched Humanity]
- To possess high ethical standards and acquire the ability to take appropriate action based on a solid understanding of the impact of science and technology on society.
- To acquire the ability to resolve problems in a creative manner, while maintaining the liberal and open-minded culture handed down since the founding of Kobe University.
- [International awareness]
- To conduct exchanges with a broad range of overseas partners, and deepen their understanding of different cultures; and acquire the ability to exhibit individuality in terms of diverse cultures and values.
- To acquire basic academic and practical skills and creativity in order to resolve various issues as research and development managers from a broad perspective, based on highly specialized knowledge and wide-ranging insights; and develop in-depth knowledge and superior, advanced expertise to work as researchers in their respective fields of specialty.