(Applications closed) Recruitment Notice: PR Officer, International Affairs Planning Division, Kobe University
- April 17, 2019
- Keywords: Info, International relations, Recruitment
Applications are now closed for this position. Thank you for your interest.
1. Start date: August 1, 2019
2. Location: Kobe University Rokkodai 2nd Campus
3. Job description
Kobe University is recruiting a PR Officer with native-level English fluency and high Japanese proficiency. You will translate, write and disseminate information in English across a range of platforms in order to raise the University’s overseas profile. Your responsibilities will include:
- writing press releases in English about research and other newsworthy items
- disseminating information via social media
- creating a university-wide PR brochure and newsletter
- updating and developing the contents of the English website
- editing and translating a variety of documents including academic exchange agreements
- liaising with foreign press
- assisting at international events including symposia, visits from overseas organisations and campus tours
Must hold a bachelor’s degree
English native speaker with JLPT 1 or equivalent language aptitude
Business-level skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
4. Employment status
Full-time employee. Initial contract: August 1, 2019 – March 31, 2021
5. Working hours
Monday-Friday 8:30-17:15 (break from 12:15 to 13:00). Vacation days: weekends, national holidays and New Year holidays (December 29-January 3) plus annual leave allowance.
5. Salary and benefits
Annual salary is approximately 4.2 million yen before deductions (based on Kobe University regulations, experience and abilities). Transportation allowance (up to 55000 yen/month) overtime pay and social securities will be provided. University housing available.
6. How to apply
Application deadline: May 31, 2019. Applicants will be asked to submit a CV in Japanese and English and complete several short translation tasks. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a Skype interview. Interested parties should contact Eleanor at e.wyllie[at]people.kobe-u.ac.jp for more information.
(International Affairs Planning Division)