About extracurricular activity restrictions
- May 10, 2021
- Keywords: Info, Students
On March 26, restrictions for students taking part in club/circle activities were posted on Kobe University’s Japanese language homepage. Please find a summary of the main points in articles 2 and 3 below (the entire Japanese version can be found here) :
(1) Regarding the use of on-campus facilities:
① Only Kobe University students are allowed to take part in activities.
However, an instructor from outside the university will be allowed only in cases where their presence is recognized to be absolutely necessary.
② Usage period for on-campus facilities.
Each group’s activities must be no longer than 3 hours per day (this includes preparation and tidying up time). Each campus facility has different opening times, which are listed in detail in the Japanese version.
(2) Each group must submit an application form detailing their planned extracurricular activities. This will be assessed by the Student Council.
(3) All groups that receive approval to carry out activities must hold an online session on novel coronavirus infection prevention, which must be attended by all members.
3. Essential rules that must be followed:
In order to prevent the spread of infection, all groups must thoroughly practise basic prevention measures such as correct coughing etiquette (wearing masks) and hand washing, while paying particularly close attention to the following points during club activities:
- Each member must monitor their health everyday (i.e. taking their temperature and checking whether or not they have cold-like symptoms). Members with the following symptoms must not take part in activities: Poor physical condition (cough, fever, join pain, overall fatigue (drowsiness), diarrhoea, changes in sense of smell or taste).
- Maintain a distance of 2m (a minimum of 1m) between members at all times. Physical contact is generally prohibited.
- To avoid conducting club activities in an environment with a high risk of infection transmission, make sure that the following three conditions do not occur at the same time:
1. A closed space with poor ventilation
2. People closely gathered together
3. Close range talking or shouting
- For activities conducted indoors, make sure to limit the number of participants so that there is sufficient space between each person and ensure that the room is sufficiently ventilated (by opening the windows etc.)
- Disinfect all equipment before commencing activities.
In addition, as of April 26 the following extracurricular are prohibited: activities taking place outside the prefecture, activities involving overnight stays within the prefecture, and eating and drinking with other students afterwards.
These restrictions are due to continue until the end of Quarter 1 (June 13, 2021). Please be aware that this information is subject to change. Please check Kobe University’s Japanese website frequently for the most up-to-date announcements regarding extracurricular activities.
(International Affairs Planning Division)