Important appeals from Hyogo Prefectural Government regarding coronavirus
- May 13, 2021
- Keywords: Info, Students
May 11, 2021
To all students,
Recently, in light of the high percentage of novel coronavirus cases in young people and other related circumstances under the current state of emergency, the local government has asked universities in the prefecture to do the following to improve and strengthen infection prevention measures.
In addition, please comply with infection prevention measures, such as wearing masks properly, especially under the current circumstances.
1. The conduction of classes
We have been asked to implement thorough infection prevention measures for when classes are conducted in person. However, due to the rapid increase in cases among young people, we are actively holding classes online as a more thorough precaution.
(Strengthened infection prevention measures are in place when classes are conducted in-person)
The wearing of masks when on campus and commuting is being enforced, and staggered commutation is being promoted.
2. Extracurricular activities
Extracurricular activities (i.e. clubs/circles) will not be held.
However, activities deemed necessary by the university* for participating in tournaments will be carried out under the following restrictions:
- Overnight stays will not be allowed.
- Participants shall wear masks during meetings in club and locker rooms, and when cheering during matches.
- Avoid close contact that could lead to aerosol transmission.
*This applies to selection processes and competitions run by the National Sports Federation (NSF) and cultural federations, as well as the National Sports Festival selection processes and events.
When taking part in such events, please check the organizer’s infection prevention rules and follow them thoroughly.
3. Going outside and eating and drinking
All students, faculty and staff members should adhere to the following:
- Avoid going outside for unnecessary and non-urgent reasons even during the day. Reduce your movements. Do not use establishments that are not implementing infection prevention measures.
- Do not drink alcohol at restaurants, bars, on the street or in parks.
- Be sure to wear a mask when talking to prevent aerosol transmission.
- In the student canteens, please refrain from talking with your mask off and be sure to leave soon after you have finished eating.
- Comply with the thorough infection prevention measures in the on-campus refreshment facilities (such as the student canteens) and use the spaced out seating and plastic sheeting correctly.
Executive Vice President
In Charge of Education and Internationalization