December Reservations: Coronavirus booster vaccinations (against the Omicron variant) at Kobe University
- September 30, 2022
- Keywords: Info, Students, Health
September 30, 2022
Updated October 21, 2022 (Recipient criteria: Time from last coronavirus vaccination changed from 5 months to 3 months)
Updated October 24, 2022 (Reservation deadline extended until Friday October 28 at 17:00)
To all staff and students,
The novel coronavirus vaccinations are voluntary. Before making a reservation, please read the entire text below and make sure that you agree with its contents.
Your status as a student will not be affected regardless of whether or not you are vaccinated. In addition, please do not discriminate against others based on their vaccination status.
This time, 3rd and 4th doses will be administered at Kobe University. Those who have NOT received their 1st and 2nd vaccinations cannot apply.
Those who received their 1st and 2nd dose at a different venue (eg. at a mass vaccination venue) can receive their 3rd or 4th dose at Kobe University.
Family members of Kobe University students/staff who are over 18 and have received their 3rd or 4th dose vaccination coupon can also receive this booster at Kobe University.
You can make a reservation even if you haven’t received your vaccination coupon yet. Please make sure to bring it with you on the day.
IMPORTANT: You cannot cancel your vaccine after making a reservation. The vaccines are ordered based on the number of reservations. Please contact the Student Support Center if there are unavoidable circumstances.
Vaccine to be administered:
Moderna: Bivalent Omicron BA.1 vaccine
Recipients (must fulfil the criteria in points 1~3 below):
1. Students of Kobe University (all students who wish to be vaccinated at Kobe University, including research students, credited auditors, other auditing students and international students), Kobe University faculty and staff, temporary staff, unpaid researchers conducting activities at the university, co-op staff etc.
Family members of the above who have received their 1st and 2nd doses and are over 18 (reached 18 years old as of April 1, 2022).
2. Those who received their last dose over 3 months ago.
3. Those who can bring the Vaccination Coupon for their 3rd or 4th dose on the day.
Rokko Hall in Kobe University Centennial Hall (Address: 1-1 Rokkodai-cho, Nada-ku, Kobe 657-8501). Please check the Map.
Explanation about the vaccine (Please read carefully before receiving your vaccination)
- Information regarding the COVID-19 Moderna vaccination (Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan): PDF (in Japanese)*
- Pfizer/Moderna: To those receiving their 4th dose (precautions to take after vaccination) PDF (in Japanese)
- Precautions to take after vaccination ：PDF(in English- for reference)
- About post-vaccination myocarditis/pericarditis: PDF (in Japanese)
- Professor MORI Yasuko's presentation at Hyogo Prefectural Office: 3rd dose vaccination is also effective against the BA.2 strain (in Japanese)
*This section will be updated with the English version if it becomes available from the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. For reference, please see the English version of the information about the 1st and 2nd doses of the Moderna vaccination: PDF.
December 2 to December 7. 2022 (From 10:00~15:30 on weekdays only)
Caution: Please thoroughly read the files in the [Explanation about the vaccine] section above. When choosing your vaccination date, please take your schedule and the predicted arrival of your vaccination coupon from the local government into account. (Bear in mind that you may experience side effects some days after receiving the vaccination.)
How to apply:
Reservations can only be made through the online reservation system.
You can make a reservation even if you haven’t received your vaccination coupon yet. However you must bring the coupon on the day of your vaccination, so please check the vaccination coupon mailing schedule on your local government’s homepage etc. before making a reservation. Residents of Kobe City can find out when the Coupon should arrive by typing the vaccination coupon number of their 1st or 2nd dose into the following app: https://kobe-3rdticket-status.powerappsportals.com/
Note: You won't be able to get your vaccination if you have forgotten your Vaccination Coupon or it didn't arrive in time. When 1st and 2nd doses were given at Kobe University, it was possible to be vaccinated without a coupon. Even though a year has passed, many people haven’t submitted their Vaccination Coupons. Therefore, from the 3rd dose onwards, those without their coupon will not be able to get vaccinated at Kobe University.
If your Vaccination Coupon hasn’t arrived in time for your reservation, please check this Appendix .
Please make your reservation here.
Reservations open on October 3 (Monday) at 12:30
If you wish to change the date, please cancel your first reservation and then make the reservation again.
The deadline for reservations is October 24 (Monday) October 28 (Friday) at 17:00.
Please be aware that you will not be able to make a reservation if all the slots have been taken. It is also not possible to be put on a waiting list for cancelled slots.
It will take around 1 hour to receive your vaccination after you have been to the reception desk. Depending on the situation, you may have to wait longer than the time period specified in your reservation.
Example of a date as shown on the Reservation System: 「12/2 (Fri）10:00-」
In this example, 10:00 is the reception time. Please make sure you are at the vaccination venue by then.
When you cannot be vaccinated on the day due to feeling unwell
Please email the appropriate address below (please replace [at] with the @ sign):
Students: Student Support Division, Student Affairs Department: stdnt-vaccine [at] office.kobe-u.ac.jp
Faculty and Staff: Personnel Division, General Affairs Department: gnrl-kenkoanzen [at] office.kobe-u.ac.jp
Precautions on the day
• The vaccine will be administered by an intramuscular injection in your shoulder. Please wear a T-shirt or other clothing that you can roll up to your shoulder.
• Those who are clearly unwell cannot receive the vaccination (i.e those who have a body temperature of 37.5°C or higher on the day. This parameter may be different for those who normally have a low body temperature).
Things to bring (For the 4th dose)
- Vaccination Coupon issued by the local government of the area where you are a registered resident (Either A or B below. The format varies depending on the local government) (*1):
A. Combined Vaccination Coupon and Pre-vaccination Screening Questionnaire, Proof of Vaccination (*2)
B. Vaccination Coupon, Pre-vaccination Screening Questionnaire, Proof of Vaccination (*2)
- Confirmation of your current address (e.g. either your My Number Card, Driving License, Social Insurance Card, or Residence card).
- Student ID (students only)
(*1) Please check the homepage of the local government of the area where you are a registered resident to find out when your vaccination coupon is due to arrive.
(*2) The ‘Proof of Vaccination’ form will be sent out along with your Vaccination Coupon. On the day of your vaccination, a sticker showing the batch number of your 4th dose will be attached to the ‘Proof of Vaccination’ document, and it will serve as a record of your vaccination history.
- Please wait at the venue for 15-30 minutes after receiving your vaccination in case you experience any immediate aftereffects.
- Please keep the injection site clean. You may take a bath on the day of vaccination but please take care not to scratch the injection site.
- Please avoid doing any strenuous exercise or drinking alcohol on the day you receive your vaccination dose.
- If you experience any side effects after receiving the vaccination (such as fever, muscle pain or joint pain), you may take acetaminophen (fever-reducing medicine) such as Tylenol, or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as Loxonin. It is not recommended to take these medicines before side-effects occur. We recommend that you prepare your own medication in advance in case you need it.
- The university will not issue vaccination certificates on request. Therefore, please store your ‘Proof of Vaccination’ in a safe place.
What to do if you are unable to attend classes etc. due to side effects
Please inform the faculty member in charge of the class if you are unable to attend due to vaccination side effects. If the faculty member asks, please show them your ‘Proof of Vaccination’ with the 3rd or 4th dose seal attached.
|Students:||Center Office, Student Support Division:||stdnt-vaccine [at] office.kobe-u.ac.jp|
|Staff:||Welfare and Safety Group, Personnel Division, General Affairs Department:||gnrl-kenkoanzen [at] office.kobe-u.ac.jp|
|Regarding classes:||The Academic Affairs Section of your affiliated Faculty/Graduate School.||Please find the email addresses for each Faculty/Graduate School at the bottom of their respective pages: Faculty list, Graduate School list|
Before sending your email, please replace [at] with the @ sign.
(Student Support Division/Personnel Division)