News & Events
Outstanding research opportunities
- Building on over 100 years of history, we have achieved a global standard of research in the humanities and social sciences.
- Our research in the natural sciences produces world-class advanced technologies in collaboration with overseas universities and research institutes.
- We create innovation through entrepreneurship-based education and pioneering new academic fields beyond the categories of humanities or sciences.
Disasters on the radar:
Staying ahead of flash floods and volcanic eruptions
Digging for dark matter’s deepest secrets:
Subterranean particle detectors
The dark arts of parasitic passengers:
Plants without photosynthesis
Japan’s changing workplace:
The metamorphosis of the Japanese salaryman
Between Mt. Rokko and Osaka Bay, a beautiful campus awaits you at Kobe University. These surroundings, together with the University’s open and welcoming attitude, are sure to make your research or studies here a truly fulﬁlling experience.
- Enjoy Japan’s four seasons from a scenic mountainside campus
- Stunning views of the ocean and Kobe City at night
Expand your horizons!
363 universities and research institutions have academic agreements with Kobe University: it is a "hub campus", where global talent gathers and steps out into the world.
1 in every 14 students is an international student, rising to 1 in every 6 students at the graduate school level. The number of international students is growing every year, and Kobe University aims to double this and accommodate 2000 students by 2020.
94% of international students said their experience at Kobe University was "very good" or "good". They were especially enthusiastic about the high levels of student support and the beautiful campus.
14 countries have Kobe University International Alumni Network branches, providing international support for partnerships between business and academia.
Traditional and Advanced Divisions
Note: The Faculty of Intercultural Studies and the Faculty of Human Development merged in 2017 to form the Faculty of Global Human Sciences.