Study in Kobe


The following are the qualifications and conditions for exchange students according to the Memorandum of Understanding on Student Exchange between the students’ home universities and Kobe University:

  1. Students must be enrolled in their home university as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student, and be aiming to receive a degree from their home university after completing exchange study at Kobe University. Undergraduate students must have completed at least one year of undergraduate study at their home university at the time of coming to Kobe University.
  2. The purpose of study abroad must be clear and concrete, so that we can expect good results from their studies and research at Kobe University.
  3. Students must possess sufficient Japanese-language ability to understand classes and engage in academic research in Japanese (the equivalent of JLPT N1 is recommended). However, this condition does not apply if the student does not intend to carry out their education and research activities in Japanese.
  4. Students must have a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale for their completed undergraduate study at their home university.
  5. Students should have the basic knowledge and skills required for the classes they wish to take or research they plan to conduct at Kobe University.
  6. Students are expected to maintain good relationships with local students and faculty members of Kobe University and its neighboring community. At the same time, they are encouraged to contribute to the development of continued exchange between Kobe University and their home university after their study at Kobe University.