Degree Awarding Policy of the Faculty of Intercultural Studies
- Updated on March 1, 2016
The Faculty of Intercultural Studies, Kobe University, in keeping with its open and cosmopolitan culture and environs, contributes to the advancement of learning, happiness of humankind, preservation of the global environment and world peace, by nurturing transnational, cross-cultural and active intellectuals.
Toward its objective, the Faculty of Intercultural Studies provides education meeting the highest international standards through well-developed curricula. The Faculty of Intercultural Studies awards degrees in line with the following two policies:
- Students shall study at the Faculty of Intercultural Studies for four years in principle and earn the credits required for graduation.
- In view of the four objectives prescribed in the Degree Awarding Policy of Kobe University, students of the Faculty of Intercultural Studies are encouraged to achieve the following learning goals by graduation:
- To acquire a broad knowledge, high ethical standards, and to act on their own judgment.
- To acquire an understanding of different cultures and societies and to exhibit flexible communication skills that enable cross-cultural dialogue and problem solving.
- To multilaterally meet social demands in the age of internationalization based on deep cross-cultural understanding and advanced computer literacy skills as well as interdisciplinary knowledge.
- To consider various culture-related problems from a global perspective and to contribute to society on a global scale.